Irritation of the eyes before removing the lens (less common).
After wake up if symptoms occur before removing lens may caused by lens moved to white eye, Check for exactly lens position before removing lens.
Irritation of the eyes after removing the lens.
If you feel discomfort after removing lens. The usually main cause is ‘Lens is not moved before removing’. However eye irritation symptoms often decrease and disappear after 1-2 hours, If not feel better after removing for 2 hours. Please call to consult doctor Bird or go to ophthalmologist closer to home.
If you feel discomfort after removing lens. In the following days should make lens move first then remove the lens will cause no discomfort after taking lens off (If it still irritate to the eyes, Please call to consult Dr. Bird ).
Can make a moving lens by
- After wake up, 1-3 drops of artificial tears on each side of the eye.
- Close your eyes and draws the end of eye lid(outer canthi of the eye) to temporal side 30 times.
- Then open your eyes and look at mirror. Try to use finger pressure on upper eyelid. Notice rim of cornea that the lens is moved when pressure on upper eyelid. If so, then the lens is removable.
- If lens does not move, Repeat to the top or may be do another activities. Such as brushing teeth, bathing (Be careful : Do not open your eyes too wide while washing your face) By during other activities you can open your eye as normal. Then back to remove the lens. Usually lens moves after waking up 30 minutes.
- If the lens is moved hard every day. Please call to make an appointment.
- If lens does not move while removing. May cause eye discomfort, eye irritation, conjunctivitis(Pink eye) and blurred vision after take lens off. If you still feel discomfort after 1 hour of removing, Please call consult Dr. Bird.